Round 6 – Allsvenskan Round-up

AIK extended their unbeaten run to 6 matches after a 1-0 win away to Gefle IF. Celso Borges scored the lone goal a mere 52 seconds into the match that saw the Stockholm club collect all 3 points and move them to second in the Allsvenskan. Gefle, who were second best for most of the match, saw themselves sink closer to the foot of the table.

The match had hardly started before the visitors found themselves in the lead. Winger Daniel Gustavsson received a lobbed pass from Helgi Danielsson on the right hand side. Gustavsson then beat his marker and found Celso Borges in the penalty area. The Costa Rican coolly slotted past GIF goalkeeper Mattias Hugosson to put AIK ahead.

25 minutes later and AIK had the ball in the back of net again. Martin Mutumba delivered a free kick from the left wing into the penalty area where it was flicked on by Niklas Backman. The ball fell to an onrushing Borges who slid in and on his second attempt put the ball once again past Hugosson. However the goal would not stand as the referee has blown for a foul on Borges who collided with the goalkeeper.

For the remainder of the first half AIK managed to keep the upper hand with Gefle’s only real chance coming after 33 minutes. Mutumba gave the ball away in the AIK penalty area but Markus Hansson could not keep his effort on target. There was cause for concern however as the half coming to a close Alexander Milosevic was taken off for what appeared to be an ankle injury. Per Karlsson took his place.

The first 15 minutes of the second half saw AIK continue to attack with the duo of Mutumba and Borges carrying much of the load. The pair linked up several times to cause the Gefle defence all sorts of trouble. If not for some good goalkeeping from Hugosson the match would have been done and dusted in a hurry.

The lone bright spot for Gefle came in the form of Jonathan Hellström. The second half substitute looked rather menacing at times flying down the left wing and getting decent crosses into the AIK box. It was on one of these crosses where Gefle nearly drew level after 77 minutes; Hellström burst past his defender and his cross found an unmarked Jakob Orlov in the area. The striker hit the ball first time but could not steer his effort on target from such an acute angle. It was a huge let off for AIK.

After this Gefle appeared far more interested in the match and were nearly level three minutes from time. After Orlov saw his shot deflected substitute Hjalmar Öhagen flashed his volley across Ivan Turina’s goal just missing the far post.

Turina seemed to have sustained some kind of injury on this play as he was visibly in pain and could not take the resulting goal kick. With AIK out of substitutions they were forced to keep him in and it nearly cost them the three points. In the first minute of time added on defender Olof Mård collected a loose ball just inside the AIK half and, seeing Turina struggling, unleashed a powerful shot that just missed the right corner. It was the last chance that Gefle would get as the referee blew for full time stopping the comeback dead in its tracks (AS).

Örebro’s winless run continued as they travelled north to Sundsvall and returned with their third defeat of the season to make it six games without a win. William Atashkadeh scored his fourth goal of the season for the visitors as they drew level shortly after Christian Brink had put Sundsvall ahead. Yet Sundsvall upped their game in the second half to score twice and register their second win of the season. Fredrik Holster scored just after the hour mark and a late Roger Risholt goal ensured victory for the home side with Örebro remaining at the bottom of the league.

IFK Göteborg made it two wins on the bounce as they defeated early season leaders Åtvidaberg by a scoreline of 2-1 to hint that they are eventually getting into their groove. After losing their first two games of the season and then drawing their next two, Göteborg will be hoping that this run continues for some time. Hannes Stiller scored twice before half-time  with Jesper Arvidsson scoring for the visitors” lone goal in the second half.

Elfsborg remain top of the league after a 2-1 home win against GAIS. Stefan Ishizaki gave the home side the lead after 21 minutes with a great long range effort but Linus Tornblad equalised nine minutes later with a deft flick of the outside of his boot to punish a sloppy defensive pass before Amadou Jaro calmly secured the three points four minutes after half-time to send his side three points clear of AIK at the top (AH).


Elfsborg 2 GAIS 1
Gefle 0 AIK 1
Helsingborg 1 Mjällby 1
Syrianska 1 Häcken 2
IFK Göteborg 2 Åtvidaberg 1
GIF Sundsvall 3 Örebro SK 1
Djurgården 1 Kalmar 1
Norrköping 3 Malmö FF 2

Reporting: Adrian Sertl  and Andy Hudson.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  • © 2012 All content unless otherwise stated is owned by Blågul Fotboll and may not be reproduced without written permission.
  • Contact us: