Round 4 – Allsvenskan Round-up

IFK Göteborg failed to overcome Örebro in a match they dominated much of, yet required a late equaliser to get a point. After a first-half that brought a number of wasteful efforts before Tobias Sana curled in a superb shot from the edge of the box to open the scoring, the visitors came from behind to go 2-1 up during the second period when, first, William Atashkadeh reacted first to poke home the rebound after his original shot had struck the post two minutes after the re-start and then Tobias Grahn beautifully finished for what was thought to be the winner with fifteen minutes remaining. Eventually the pressure on Tomer Chemcinski’s goal paid off when Pontus Farnerud grabbed a dramatic equaliser four minutes from the end of the match. Yet but for an amazingly poor decision by the assistant referee, Blåvitt could – and should – have secured all three points when Hannes Stiller nodded in an injury time cross from Joel Allansson. Yet despite being three-yard onside, Stiller was flagged as being off and Göteborg, who had 63% of the possession, were made to rue some sloppy play that allowed ÖSK back into the match.

AIK travelled to Södertälje and defeated Syrianska by a single goal scored by Atakora Lalawelé in a match that they controlled, yet struggled to break down the home side until that strike just after the hour mark. The match was played with a strange atmosphere in front of only 3,093 fans after the away fans boycotted the match as a result of last season’s match when a flare was thrown into the stadium and struck an assistant referee causing the match to be abandoned. While it couldn’t be proved who had thrown the firework, AIK were fined and a win awarded to Syrianska.

Elsewhere, Åtvidaberg lost for the first time this season when second half strikes from Pär Ericsson and Haris Radetinac gave Mjällby a 2-0 win and a hat-trick from Abiola Dauda fired Kalmar to a 3-1 home victory over Häcken.

Elfsborg travelled to Gävle and left it late to win against Gefle, with a last minute goal from Lasse Nilsson securing the three points. Johan Larsson had opened the scoring for the visitors after 24 minutes before Jakob Orlov levelled with twenty minutes of the match remaining.

GIF Sundsvall believed they had grabbed a late winner in Norrköping when Johan Eklund scored with two minutes of normal time remaining. After the visitors had taken an early lead, the home side levelled after 81 minutes before Eklund sent Sundsvall back into the lead. Yet the lead only lasted a few minutes when Norrköping equalised seconds later through Gunnar Heiðar Thorvaldsson.

Calum Angus had an afternoon to forget for GAIS when his own goal gave Helsingborg the lead after 12 minutes before he was shown a red card after an hour of the game. Luckily for Englishman, Mervan Celik had levelled for GAIS just before half-time and the visitors held on to claim a point.


Syrianska 0 AIK 1
IFK Göteborg 2 Örebro SK 2
Mjällby 2 Åtvidaberg 0
Helsingborg 1 GAIS 1
Norrköping 2 GIF Sundsvall 2
Kalmar 3 Häcken 1
Gefle 1 Elfsborg 2
Djurgården 2 Malmö FF 3

Reporting: Andy Hudson


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  • © 2012 All content unless otherwise stated is owned by Blågul Fotboll and may not be reproduced without written permission.
  • Contact us: